Re: Bits from ftp-team (aka: Don't upload RC fixes to NEW queue)

Hi,

no harsh criticism intended (I'm only slighly affected) but I agree with
Lucas.

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I must admit that I'm not too happy about that.
>
> Despite the freeze, I think that it is important that we continue to
> support our users usually running testing/unstable, or
> unstable/experimental during the freeze.

+1 I had to upload my feed2omb package somewhere because someone else
wanted to use it and it was not yet in sid despite it being a trivial package
that's easy to review.

Also it's not time saved for ftp assistants because processing NEW later
will take as much time as it does processing it now but it will be more
intimidating as the backlog will be huge.

> Also, telling some of our derivatives to "do work in Debian first" is
> pointless if, during large periods of time, they need to severely
> change their processes because of our freezes.

Good point.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)