Re: [RFC] disabled root account / distinct group for users with administrative privileges

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 09:48:58AM +0200, Jesús M. Navarro wrote:
[...]
> On the other hand, is it really necessary a new group?  Can't adm
> or operator be overloaded with this new functionality? (think
> Ockham's razor).

Maybe similarly overloaded, but I've used the built-in "staff" group
for this for many years. It already gets write access into many
local system folders by default, so not that much of a stretch...
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); PGP(43495829);
WHOIS(STANL3-ARIN); SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); FINGER(fungi@yuggoth.org);