Re: Installing Vmware v71

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

>> I'm having difficulties installing Vmware v71 under Debian Testing.
>> I always get
>>
>>  gcc and kernel headers must be installed
>>
>> while doing "vmware-modconfig --console --install-all", even though
>> I got both gcc and kernel headers installed.
>
> debian-devel is *not* for people developing programs *on* Debian, it's for
> people developing Debian itself.
>
> Thus, your email should go to debian-user.

Thanks for the reminder. Points well taken.

I actively participate in debian-user and wouldn't disturb the peace
in debian-devel in general. But this time it is different.

- 1st, I've asked the same question in debian-user before.
- 2nd and most importantly, I believe, as a programmer, that latest
Vmware Workstation (version >=7.0) cannot be installed smoothly under
latest Debian, whereas otherwise in other distros.

So please take it as a bug report, and I'm glad if anyone can prove
that I'm wrong.

Thanks

tong