Re: Any information if Marcela Tiznado (mlt@debian.org) still around? (package 'when')

Hi Marcela, hi all

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 04:59:42PM +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> Since beginning of june I'm trying to reach Marcela for the 'when'
> package. The last reply I got from her was on 2nd of june, replying on
> my request of updating 'when' package if possible, and she said, if I
> want, that I can prepare a package and she would sponsor it.
>
> I uploaded the package to mentors.d.n [1], which updates the packaging
> and fixes some of the bugs in BTS, in particular new upstream version
> and the 'should be Architecture:all' bug, and some others [2].
>
> Since then I did not get any reply anymore from Marcela, does someone
> know if she is still around? It is not my intention to hijack the
> package, so I'm fine to remove myself from Uploaders or so, but would
> be great if some of the bugs there can be fixed, even if not RC bugs.
>
> Any hints on how I could procede? I know, as now squeeze is anyway is
> frozen, it may be impossible anyway to get updated and fixed package
> in squeeze, but that could be tried in accord to the release-team.
>
>  [1] http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=when
>  [2] http://bugs.debian.org/when

Its now some months since beginning of june. I have prepared in the
meanwhile a new usptream version 1.2.21, but I do not know how to best
proceede. I'm not fine with 'hijacking' the package but if Marcela is
not interested anymore in maintaining it I would gladly take over the
maintainership. For the package I only added myself to Uploaders and
asked Marcela if she is interested to have a co-maint for it.

I once got a just in August that Marcela is currently busy but will
have a look at the package I prepared, but then heard again anything
from her.

The package fixes e.g. the 'should be Architecture:all' bug and others
as mentioned above.

Here is the full changelog of the changes I applied. I know that
anyway now it is not anymore possible to have this updated version in
squeeze, as now already to late.

when (1.1.21-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release (Closes: #583646).
    - Adds option to not display e.g. periodic items (Closes: #439115).
  * Add myself to Uploaders.
  * Bump compat level to 7. Simplify debian/rules to tiny format.
  * Convert to '3.0 (quilt)' source package format.
  * debian/control:
    - Architecture: all as package contains only architecture-independent
      files (Closes: #451606).
    - Add Homepage field to source package stanza.
    - Correct long description of package (Closes: #503271).
    - Add ${perl:Depends} substitution variable for dh_perl in Depends field.
    - Bump versioned dependency on debhelper to debhelper (>= 7.0.50) for
      override targets.
  * debian/rules: override target for dh_auto_test to no run the tests.
  * Don't install README anymore.
  * Add fix_517481_typo_in_localization.patch to fix a typo in localization
    for spanish translations. Thanks to Mauro Lizaur <mauro@cacavoladora.org>
    for reporting (Closes: #517481).
  * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.1.
  * Add debian/watch only explaining in comments that new upstream version
    currently cannot be monitored.
  * debian/copyright:
    - Update debian/copyright to revision 135 of format-specification in
      DEP5 for machine readable copyright file.
    - Update copyright years and add alternate licensing to
      Artistic license.
    - Explicit point to the GPL-1 text in common-licenses as by Debian
      Policy 3.9.1.
    - Refer to Debian systems in general.

 -- Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com>  Fri, 08 Oct 2010 08:47:53 +0200

Any Ideas how I can proceede?