Re: Buildd & binary-indep

Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> writes:

> Do we need this in debian/control?

> Why not debian/source/options or debian/source/hardening if it is a more
> special feature that requires extra args?

debian/source so far only contains options that control the generation of
the source package or, in the case of the Lintian overrides file, only
apply to the source package and are unrelated to the build.
debian/control, meanwhile, currently contains all the build metadata.
That seems like a useful separation to me that I'd like to maintain.

> That wouldn't require any policy change, maybe that would make progress
> possible.

Policy isn't what's standing in the way of progress on this.  We already
reached something of a consensus on how to handle this quite some time
(several years) ago.