Re: Backports service becoming official

On 2010-09-07, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:
> On 09/07/2010 05:57 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 11:40:09AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>>> That I dont think it is. I think you not wanting t be bothered by
>>> backports of your packages is quite an exception,
>>
>> I don't think it is.  I have no problem with people backporting any of my
>> packages that are useful to them, but I shouldn't have to read bug mail for
>> them.  I have enough bugs of my own.
>
> Chances are good that htese bugs affect your package in testing, too.

Chances are also good that my package is affected by the bugs in ubuntu,
in fedora and in upstream bugtracking system. it doesn't mean that I
want to handle them.
I have already more bugs than I can handle.

And once again, I would like to announce a 0-day bug triage policy for
all my bugs. So knock yourself out.

The day the bugcount for Qt + KDE in debian is below 100 non-forwarded
bugs, we can start soliciting for more bug reports. Until then, I have
enough already.

/Sune