Re: aptitude (priority important) depends on libboost-iostreams (priority optional)

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:13:11PM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> So while raising Boost will "solve" the issue, it seems to me to be
> a recipe for runaway priority inflation.
>
> Is there any central authority to vet priority changes?

Indeed, I think this needs wider attention, next to the
apt-get-vs.-aptitude discussion.

I believe additional Depends on important packages should get proposed
on -devel first, so that people can comment on them and possibly
propose alternatives etc.

Michael