udev: chown of /dev/ppp

Hia Marco andf Russell,

tahnk you very much for your help. Well, I checked out and changed all
permissions as it should be. The environment is now as follows:

1. /usr/sbin/pppd is now set 0475 with owner root:dip

-rwsr-xr-- 1 root dip 269156 28. Nov 2008  /usr/sbin/pppd

2. The normal user is added in group "dip" and "dialout"

3. The application /usr/bin/umtsmon is now

-rwsr-xr-- 1 root dip 757636 27. Apr 2009  /usr/bin/umtsmon

So everyone in group "dip" is allowed to start it. This is what I wanted.
But I still got the problem, that it crashes due to access rights, when I
start it as the normal user. As root everythnbig is working well!

This error message appears:

/usr/sbin/pppd: using the noauth option requires root privileges

This message was the reason for my very first report. What did I miss? Is there
something else I should check?

Please feel free to ask for more information. Besides, I know, umtsmon is
still not in the debian repository, and the main reason for this is exactly
the problem I described in the past.

Best regards

Hans