Re: packages being essential but having stuff in /usr/?!

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 19:23 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> I would think almost all init scripts depend on /dev and /proc!  Certainly
> start-stop-daemon uses them.
I guess Russ meant,... whether I have any examples for
services/daemons,.. that need _just_ /proc or /dev,... but do not
already depend on $local_fs/$remote_fs anyways.

Admittedly I have no example,... except the real low level stuff (as
mentioned by Petter).
My motivation is more that I think it's always a good idea to build up
such frameworks, even if there's not yet a concrete example who needs
it.

Cheers,
Chris.