Re: Razer Mice

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kai Wasserbäch" <debian@carbon-project.org>
To: "initrd pwn" <initrd.pwn@comcast.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 3, 2010 10:48:55 AM
Subject: Re: Razer Mice

Hello Leo,
initrd.pwn@comcast.net schrieb am 02.07.2010 23:59:
> The application includes both I believe, not just configuration. Originally I had a Copperhead and used RazerTool, here http://razertool.sourceforge.net/
> I found another called Blueprints, which is where I believe this started from but my final landing point is here, http://bu3sch.de/joomla/index.php/razer-nextgen-config-tool . Yes you can configure sense and buttons using this tool but the issue is it includes some things that require more knowledge of xorg.conf , inetd and some scripting, of which 1 part is not finished but has a substitute written in python.
> Please download the package and read through the short read me to get a full understanding. If anything here, I want to file an RFP and not an ITP. I would take on the task but need a decent had into scripting for that to take place. I have built packages for DKMS and the Gnome-colors themes but that was rather easy. So if you would please go to the 2nd link and download, you should have a full understanding of what is involved.

first: you sent the above answer only to me, you might want to consider sending
it to the list.
Now, you might have misunderstood my reply, that I was interested in maintaining
such a package. I'm not. I don't own any Razor Mice, don't plan to buy one and
therefore are not suited to really maintain this hardware-related package.

If you don't want (or can, no problem here) maintain the package yourself, then
please go ahead and file the RFP. If somebody is interested, that person will
package the software.

Pardon my accidentally sending my last reply as a private message. Mailing lists are all new to me. So, let me start with an apology for that. No I was not asking for you to maintain it, I only wanted you to understand what was involved in the application and why I am far too noob to maintain it myself at this time. So let me find out about RFP on my own and I will deal with it. My apologies again for the trouble and thank you for your replies.

Peace