Re: finally: packages to optionally create default collaboration dirs

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 10:27:35AM +0200, C. Gatzemeier wrote:
> Am Wed, 2 Jun 2010 01:20:00 +0400 schrieb Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com>:
>
> Do not worry. They are not to be created by default.
> If you read the subject it even explicitly reads "optionally
> create".
>
> > Those things should be under control
> > of a local administrator.
>
> And the functionality should be handled by a configurable option in
> Debian.

But why Debian should care about the precise details of local
admistration policies? IMO, what is required from a distribution is
just a set of sane defaults. One could argue that we could have a
configurable set of defaults in this case, but in reality such
unnessesary options will only confuse inexperieced users and irritate
administrators.

--
Stanislav