Re: Re: Parallellizing the boot in Debian Squeeze - ready for wider testing

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 03:06:10PM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=543420#10
> >
> This pretty much proves my point.  I was never sent these patches,
> instead Debian kept them to itself and never attempted to get them
> upstream.

Well, we can hardly argue the contrary in this specific case.

My personal impression is however that for that package, there is just a
lack of manpower: Michael has not replied to the bug report since
September and I know via personal communication that Martin is very busy
ATM, and generally looking for co-maintainers. So don't take this
personal (/ don't overgeneralize) and remember that you can follow what
happens with upstart in Debian by subscribing to the PTS for it. More
generally, I guess that the current maintainers would welcome some
additional helping hands *g*.

Cheers.