Re: dsniff is dead, long life to dsniff

Citando Carlos Galisteo <cgalisteo@k-rolus.net>:
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Luciano Bello <lbello@gmail.com> wrote:

       The question is: should I package this new version as a replacement
of the previous one, even one there is a big reduction in the feature
list? Or, should I create a new package (let's say, python-dsniff) and
RM dsniff?

 As an occasional dsniff user, I'd rather keep the full (old) version
in Debian while the new one is incomplete.

 If the new package is a Python module it'd be nice to have it also in
Debian in order to familiarize ourself with it, but IMHO the original
one should not be removed until the new one is full-featured.

I second that.

It´s not so bad in popcon (1483 installs) and I can´t see any serious issue in bts.

If it´s a problem to you maintaing old + new dsniff please ping me. I´m interested in keeping this package in Debian. You can also consider Forensics team.

Best regards,

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz