Re: iceweasel and facebook photos

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:08:05AM -0500, James Vega wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I know that is not the bug forum for iceweasel, I still ask here.
> >
> > I *know* for sure that some time ago Iceweasel was able to use the
> > normal Java based facebook photo upload interface.
>
> Are you being affected by Java's brokenness with bindv6only (c.f.,
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560056)?

Well, that seems to occur with all Java applets at the moment.  But,
when Java applets were working, I experienced Iceweasel crashes on
occasion when using the Java photo uploader with IcedTea.  I've never
used sun-java-6, so I couldn't tell you if it worked better.

+1 713 440 7475 | http://crustytoothpaste.ath.cx/~bmc | My opinion only