Re: Bitcoin donation

[Cyclonite]
> Dear friends,
>
> I have been looking in your site for any reference to Bitcoin for
> making a small donation.

As far as I know, none of the organisations accepting donations on
behalf of the Debian project accept bitcoin.

We are considering it for the SLX Debian Labs foundation which accept
donations for the Debian Edu/Skolelinux project, but have not
concluded yet.  I am the chair of the SLX Debianc Labs foundation.  I
believe there are some accounting and legal issues as well as some
practical issues to consider before we can accept it.

Given that the EFF with its privacy sensitive target group so far has
only received 2483.8 bitcoins[1] to its bitcoin donation address, it
seem unlikely that Debian will receive much money this way any time
soon.

But it might be interesting to support the bitcoin system by accepting
donations, and give users of bitcoin more to spend their bitcoins
on. :)

 1 Extracted using "lynx -dump http://blockexplorer.com/address/1MCwBbhNGp5hRm5rC1Aims2YFRe2SXPYKt|grep Received:|grep Block|awk '{sum = sum + $6} END { print sum}'".

Happy hacking,
--