Re: /etc/profile.d/

Le lundi 20 décembre 2010 à 01:31 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf a écrit :
> I was looking at /etc/profile.d/ and was not sure how it was to function.
>
> As per LSB 4.0, every script present in /etc/profile.d/ is executed.

> I am thinking of a way to have a system wide shell variable that can be
> used and updated by
> further newer shell processes.

Please don’t use profile.d to do that. Nothing guarantees you that this
variable will be available everywhere.

This is precisely the reason why I’d rather we didn’t have such a
feature, since it inevitably gets misused in such a way - as it has been
for years by ISVs on Red Hat.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette