Re: Adding some Pre-Depends php-pear (>= 5.3) to fix upgrade from Lenny

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 02:38:05PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> As per request from the RT, I'm forwarding this to -devel: we're about
> to add some Pre-Depends: on few PHP PEAR packages, in order to fix
> upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze.

> If anyone wants to object, please have a look to the discussion about it
> in -release, then reply to #602865, with a copy to
> pkg-php-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org.

I didn't find any such discussion in the -release archive.  Where was this,
please?

Reviewing the bug, I agree that adding a Pre-Depends on the current php-pear
version appears to be the best way to avoid this path conflict on upgrade.

Cheers,