strange failures on lxdebian and asdfasdf.debian.net for cmor

Hi,

I've a strange issue: I've a perfectly ordinary package, cmor, which fails to build on s390 and kfreebsd-amd64. In both cases it fails while trying to build a test executable, ipcc_test_code, in the test target, but with different errors in ld, segfault and abort.

Now, outside the buildds (lxdebian and asdfasdf) the package builds fine on s390 and kfreebsd-amd64 (it fails on kfreebsd-i386, also in building ./ipcc_test_code, but that appears to be different. While I don't understand the failure yet, it is at least reproducible).

I managed to get s390 uploaded by the simple expedient of building the last upload, 2.5.0-2, on s390 instead of my home machine.
Is it possible to do an external build and upload (outside the buildd system)? how?

And does anyone have any ideas why linking might be failing on lxdebian.debian.net and asdfasdf.debian.net? (but not zelenka or zandonai)?

--
Alastair McKinstry  ,<alastair@sceal.ie>  ,<mckinstry@debian.org>     http://blog.sceal.ie

Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world
is either a madman or an economist - Kenneth Boulter, Economist.