Re: Full install/removal/upgrade test results available

Le mercredi 17 novembre 2010 à 08:37 -0600, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> Debian GNOME Maintainers <pkg-gnome-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>    gnome
>    gnome-accessibility
>    gnome-app-install (U)
>    gnome-core
>    gnome-dbg
>    gnome-desktop-environment
>    gnome-devel
>    gnome-office
>    python-software-properties (U)
>    software-properties-gtk (U)
>    software-properties-kde (U)
>    update-manager-core

All these failures seem to be caused by the “apt-get install apt” run
which happens before the rest. It will remove xulrunner:

   Package libcairo2 has broken dep on xulrunner-1.9
     Considering xulrunner-1.9 2 as a solution to libcairo2 302
     Added xulrunner-1.9 to the remove list
     Fixing libcairo2 via remove of xulrunner-1.9

I think libapt causes synaptic (and/or other APT frontends) to be
upgraded, which is why it tries to upgrade cairo, but in the end it just
removes both synaptic and the xulrunner rdeps.

OTOH a plain dist-upgrade with lenny’s APT would probably just work.

>    rhythmbox (U)
>    rhythmbox-dbg (U)

This one is similar, although a bit different. Because of the python
upgrade, python-gtk2 ends up removed instead of upgraded.

All of this suggests that the idea to upgrade APT first, as suggested in
the release notes, is a very bad one. It would work if libapt hadn’t
changed its ABI in the meantime.

> sabayon (U)

This one looks like a genuine RC bug in sabayon.postrm. I’ve reported it
and fixed it in the SVN.

All in all, thanks for this very thorough test.
--
 .''`.
: :' :     “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know