Re: Full install/removal/upgrade test results available

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 17. November 2010, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >    education-desktop-kde (U)
> >    education-thin-client (U)
> >    education-thin-client-server (U)
> >    education-workstation (U)
> I have looked into these logs and think they are caused by dependant
> packages.  The only probable exception might be education-thin-client
> http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2010/11/17/education-thin-client.log

nope, thats a false-negative and fine, it depends on ltsp-client-core which is
one of out 4 packages (out of 30k!) which IMO qualify for special treatment
by piuparts. ltsp-client-core must not be installed on normal systems,
therefore (like with fai-nfsroot) the installation fails.

education-thin-client-server and education-workstation OTOH do show RC bugs:

   dpkg: considering deconfiguration of python-apt, which would be broken by
installation of python-apt-common ...
   dpkg: yes, will deconfigure python-apt (broken by python-apt-common).
   Unpacking python-apt-common
(from .../python-apt-common_0.7.98.1_all.deb) ...
   De-configuring python-apt ...
   dpkg: error
processing /var/cache/apt/archives/python-apt-common_0.7.98.1_all.deb
(--unpack):
    trying to overwrite `/usr/share/python-apt/templates/Debian.info', which
is also in package python-apt

And education-desktop-kde too but another:

   Unpacking kdebase-workspace-bin
(from .../kdebase-workspace-bin_4%3a4.4.5-4_amd64.deb) ...
   dpkg: error
processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kdebase-workspace-bin_4%3a4.4.5-4_amd64.deb
(--unpack):
    trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/kcheckrunning', which is also in package
kdesktop
   configured to not write apport reports

cheers,
	Holger