Re: [Spice-devel] Bug#603699: ITP: celt051 -- The CELT codec v0.5.1
On 11/17/2010 01:04 PM, Ron wrote:
Hans de Goede writes:
The if at all part depends on if it will be doable without too much
pain to support both celt-0.5.1 and celt "1.0" in the same binary.
This is important to us as we care a lot about protocol
Are you seriously telling me that you have no plan whatsoever for how
to transition from a random snapshot of an experimental codec, except
to hope that somehow it might in some way become embedded in some other
binary for the rest of eternity?
<Don't shoot the messenger>
In retrospect the decision to use celt may not have been the best, and
chances are we will support another form of compressed audio besides celt
in the near future. Then we will likely drop celt-0.5.1 in a few releases.
But for now we are stuck with a celt-0.5.1 dependency as we are committed
to maintaining wire protocol compatibility.