Re: Minutes of the Debian linux-2.6 Group Meeting

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On Nov 11, maximilian attems <max@stro.at> wrote:
>
> > waldi proposes to remove old untouched stuff like ax25 and atm.
> Remove from where? The ATM stack is needed to support USB DSL modems,
> and while the code is not beautiful I think it can be considered mature.

ok thanks for the feedback.

the more striking examples that got lost in the transcript,
are drivers that we are building due to them beeing modular,
but that can't be possible used.

> > The cost of it has not yet been evaluated. We need a server box
> > with good cooling to run benchmarks with it.
> I can offer temporary access to developers to blade servers with 12
> cores (hopefully soon with 48) and plenty of RAM.
> Would a KVM guest work for you?
> The hosts run RHEL since it is more stable (sorry...), I could
> temporarily install Debian on one but it would take more time.

Ben did take that action item irc, guess this can be sorted out.

--
maks