Bug#603336: ITP: classads -- library for Condor's classads expression language
Owner: Michael Hanke <email@example.com>
* Package name : classads
Version : 1.0.9
Upstream Author : Condor Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/classad
* License : Apache
Programming Lang: C++,
Description : library for Condor's classads expression language
A classad (classified ad) is a mapping from attribute names to expressions. In
the simplest cases, the expressions are simple constants (integer, floating
point, or string), thus a form of property list. Attribute expressions
can also be more complicated. There is a protocol for evaluating an attribute
expression of a classad vis a vis another ad. Two classads match if each ad has
attribute requirements that evaluate to true in the context of the other ad.
Classad matching is used by the Condor central manager to determine the
compatibility of jobs and workstations where they may be run.
This package is necessary for packaging Condor itself (#602842). Ubuntu
has a classads package that served as starting point of this effort.
Here is the current list of changes on top of that:
* Shorten and slightly improve package descriptions.
* Raise debhelper compat to 7 (already build-depended on >7).
* Add another binary package 'classads' to install the command line
utilities. Keeping them in the runtime library package would have made it
impossible to co-install a future libclassad1 package, due to file
* Move to an unversioned -dev package. There is no intention to maintain
multiple library versions in parallel.
* No longer install unneeded .la files (squeeze release goal).
* No longer install duplicate license files as docs.
* Add VCS information to debian/control.
* Move to a DEP-5 compliant debian/copyright.
* Improve clean target in debian/rules to remove all temporary files.
The packaging is available at:
GPG key: 4096R/7FFB9E9B Michael Hanke