Re: Squeeze can't fit on 512MiB

Ben Armstrong, le Sat 30 Oct 2010 06:54:16 -0300, a écrit :
> On 30/10/10 05:11 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> > Is there an easy way to see what is in the tasks without reinstalling?
> > From /usr/share/tasksel/debian-tasks.desc it would seem that web-
> > server only pulls apache2-mpm-prefork, and I have no idea how that
> > could account for this increase
>
> $ tasksel --task-packages web-server
> libapache2-mod-python
> apache2-doc
> libapache2-mod-php5
> libapache2-mod-perl2
> apache2-mpm-prefork
> analog

This however doesn't provide the installed dependencies.  To get a
proper list, you have to install from start, e.g. in a VM. It's not very
long as you just need to install the base system.  Then you can run
tasksel --new-install from the installed system and check out in the
spawned aptitude.

Actually, checking again FJP's previous figures, it seems like contrary
to what he documented, he would install the standard system task first,
and then try to install other tasks.  With that in mind, the increase is
only from 43MiB to 57MiB, i.e. not really surprising.

Samuel