Re: Squeeze can't fit on 512MiB

Christian PERRIER, le Mon 01 Nov 2010 12:03:51 +0100, a écrit :
> Quoting Samuel Thibault (sthibault@debian.org):
> > Hello,
> >
> > Actually, partman will even just refuse to setup partitions.
>
> Additionnall, a test today with beta1, on a 1GiB disk (virtual
> machine) and the "separate home" partman-auto recipe lead to failure
> because of disk full

I guess you were installing the standard system task via network?

> The minimum size for / needs to be increased (it is currently 500MiB
> and is not enough).

The default should be changed indeed. To what the standard task needs?

> This is roughly what #528914 says (though it really says that the
> minimum for / should allow two kernel flavours to be
> installed....which I kinda agree upon as there are chances that,
> during tha machine's life, this will happen).

Remember however that d-i now cleans .debs away, which most probably
frees room for future kernels in the case of network installs (and for
CD installs you haven't used it anyway).

Samuel