Re: Init dependency between nfs-kernel-server and name server

[Goswin von Brederlow]
> That way nfs-kernel-server is started after the name resolvers but
> none of them is required. Does that look right?

Nope.  Virtual facilities (like $named and $local_fs) provided by
several scripts should not be listed in the Provides line of
individual init.d scripts.  So the idea might make sense, but the
implementation would be to add a virtual facility starting with $,
define it in /etc/insserv.conf.d/ for each package providing it and
use it in Should-Start headers. :)

Besides, I believe $named is a existing and fitting virtual facility
for this use.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen