Re: Music store

On la, 2010-10-02 at 14:16 +0200, Pontus Andersson wrote:
> Hi all. I read about the Ubuntu music store today and I thought it
> could be a good idea to build something like it for Debian.
> But instead of offering mp3 files it should be ogg. And you should be
> able to buy single songs, not just albums.

Debian is not a business. We are also heavily committed to freedom. This
is not really compatible with selling non-free music.

Now, if you wanted to make a service that allows DFSG-free music to be
easily found and downloaded ("installed"), that would be a welcome
addition, though even that would not necessarily really be what the core
of Debian is: producing an operating system.