Re: machine-readable debian/copyright and arbitrary comments

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:24:32 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:

> in the past, debian/copyright files were sometimes (ab)used for
> arbitrary information. For example, I used to include references about
> who paid for/sponsored the packaging.
> This is no longer possible with the machine readable format of
> debian/copyright. Where am I supposed to put this information
> nowadays?

IMO it's perfectly fine to put it into the Disclaimer: or (X-)Comment:
fields (not sure if
http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2010/08/msg00307.html is the
current status)

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack.