Re: Update Lenny to Squeeze

Hi Michel,

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 03:00:34PM +0200, Michel wrote:
> I have upgrade my Debian Lenny to Debian Squeeze and I don't know if it's
> only on my case but Imust upgrade grub, linux-image (2.6.26 to 2.6.32) and
> udev in this order.

> grub before linux-image because linux-image-2.6.32 don't upgrade
> /boot/grub/menu.list
> linux-image before udev because udev (158-1) return error if the kernel is
> 2.6.26.

> I don't know where is the work on upgrade documentation but I wanted
> underline this order.

Thanks for this feedback.  Can you tell us whether /etc/kernel-img.conf on
this system lists 'postinst_hook = update-grub'?

Possible bootloader incompatibility issues are being tracked in bug #593683.
However, I can't reproduce a failure of linux-image-2.6.32 to update
menu.lst with the lenny version of grub by changing this alone.  Do you have
a /var/log/apt/term.log that shows the problems you encountered?  If so,
please file an upgrade report including this log by running 'reportbug
upgrade-reports'.