Re: RFC: Rules for distro-friendly packages

Le jeudi 16 septembre 2010 à 10:40 +0200, Enrico Weigelt a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>

> I've collected several rules that upstreams should follow to make
> distro maintainer's life much easier:
>
> http://www.metux.de/index.php/de/component/content/article/57.html
>
> Free feel to comment on it :)

As for automake, you should strongly recommend AM_MAINTAINER_MODE.
Packages without this macro are a real pain to patch.

If upstream wants maintainer mode by default (as you have without the
macro set), they just need to set AM_MAINTAINER_MODE([enable]). By
default, cdbs and dh will disable it and everyone is happy.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :