Re: Bits from keyring-maint

Hi there!

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:15:25 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
>
> | I just wondering where I am supposed to find a good smartcard that can
> | take 2048R (or larger) keys, works well with gnupg, and for how much :)
>
> http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/product_info.php?cPath=1_26&products_id=42
> does 3072 bit keys and are quite reasonably priced.

This is a very unfortunate change, since the OpenPGP smartcard v2.0
webpage still reports 2048-bit RSA keys and not having changed the
version number if there has been an improvement to 3072-bit keys is a
*very bad* decision:

  http://www.g10code.com/p-card.html

> AFAIK, the onboard software isn't free, though.

True, as it was the case for the v1.0.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca