Re: Backports service becoming official

Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> writes:
> On 09/07/2010 05:57 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:

>> I don't think it is.  I have no problem with people backporting any of
>> my packages that are useful to them, but I shouldn't have to read bug
>> mail for them.  I have enough bugs of my own.

> Chances are good that htese bugs affect your package in testing,
> too. Why ignore them?

That depends a lot on the backport.  I think that's probably true of many
of them, but there are some packages that pose special backporting
problems and risks, where the bugs are likely to be around
backport-specific things.  I'm thinking of, for instance, the OpenLDAP
packages, where backporting is likely to cause issues with the database
upgrades and BerkeleyDB format.