GeoMirror for Backports? (Also, YAY! Backports is Official)

Apologies for the CC if it is not appropriate.

Please CC me on any list replies; I am not subscribed to debian-devel.

Congratulations on making backports an official part of Debian.  I'm a long
time user, and feel this will make stable much more attractive for many
desktop users.

I was wondering if backports.debian.org was going to be available through the
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGeoMirror service.  For my desktop, it is fairly
easy to choose a mirror that is close (network-wise) to me at all times.
However, with my laptop, this is a different story.  I connect from a variety
of locations, and prefer to use the http://cdn.debian.net/ to automatically
determine a close, fast, up-to-date mirror from wherever I connect.

I was hoping that all the official services (core, security, volatile, and
backports) would be available through a similar service.  Is there work on
this or is it already finished?  Is there more up-to-date information than
what appears on the Debian wiki?