Re: Distributed Debian Distribution Development

Hi.

Le mercredi 01 septembre 2010 à 17:40 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson
Leighton a écrit :

> i leave you with this: the idea of the "Freedom Box" caused quite a
> stir at debconf2010, but i honestly doubt that, without any experience
> of getting *yourselves* off of the client-server paradigm, there will
> be any success in getting *the average person* off of the
> client-server paradigm.  so i believe that by converting the debian
> development process and infrastructure to peer-to-peer distributed
> infrastructure *first*, and by creating aggregation and migration
> infrastructure for *yourselves*, the people who do that will be in a
> much stronger position to help convert other types of internet
> services to a distributed architecture.  and, will likely have written
> a good proportion of the necessary infrastructure along the way.

Regarding distributed development tools / forges, I'd suggest to also
have a look at developments happening on Savane, which will be rewritten
in a way which seems to be inspired by Moglen's vision also :
http://2010.rmll.info/A-new-Savane.html (slides 10+)

A video recording of the talk will be available soon.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF