When and how can we migrate out of CVS and WML ? (Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users)

Le Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:32:54PM +0300, Teemu Likonen a écrit :
> * 2010-07-23 00:27 (+0900), Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> > in my opinion, it is not only a question of design, but of
> > infrastructure. For me, the combination of CVS and WML finally eroded
> > all my motivation over the years for keeping some life in the pages
> > under /devel/debian-med. I would welcome any change of VCS and
> > language, even if it means losing the history or rewriting the pages
> > from scratch.
>
> Yes, sometimes it's not enough to send patches to an established
> project. Indeed starting a different (web) project, possibly with
> different infrastructure, may be needed if one wants to change things.

Indeed, I am starting to wonder if it would be possible to use redirections or
aliases to allow a step-by-step transition… Instead of looking for volunteers
to migrate the whole website, perhaps we should focus on giving flexibility for
people who care about a particular branch to use a different system, provided
that it follows some appearance and translation standards.

Perhaps this discussion should better be continued on debian-www@l.d.o…

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,