Re: question: startscripts

Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2010 schrieb Yaroslav Halchenko:
> I am sorry, probably I am missing the point but isn't it RTFM issue in how
> to use sysv-rc to be able to revert back easily... e.g.:

Hi Yaroslaw,

sorry, I described it not quite clear. It is not the problem of sysv-rc, as
after the change to sysv-rc everything worked well for months.

But after an update some time ago, I got some problems with some starting
timings. To specify: kdm/gdm/xdm is not staring at boot (and only at boot).
When the computer is started, the command "/etc/init.d/kdm restart" let kdm
startr like a charm.

So, I suppose, one of the scripts might be set wrong. Thus I wanted just to
renewal them all. I mentioned sysv-rc, because I thought, it might be
important to know for it. Again: There is no bug in sysv-rc!

Thanks for the response anyway. :)

Cheers

Hans