Re: [RFC] removing xserver-xorg-video-nv from squeeze

> On 2010-07-13 04:31 +0200, Stephen Powell wrote:
> > I designed a custom video mode for 1024x768 @ 100 Hz Interlaced
> > that is even better.  (100 Hz is the maximum vertical refresh rate
> > of the monitor).  This mode is still within the video bandwidth of
> > the monitor (maximum supported pixel clock rate).  I'm very happy
> > with it.

[Sven Joachim]
> Nouveau supports some hidden cheat codes that may achieve this and are
> not mentioned in the driver's modinfo, see
> http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/KernelModeSetting (scroll to the end
> of the page).

That wiki page shows how to pass a module parameter to change the video
mode.  But it still doesn't look like it lets you define a custom mode.
The CVT magic may or may not be "close enough" for what he wants.

I suspect what Stephen really wants is 'fbset --timings'.  The question
is whether nouveaufb supports this.  I don't have a system with
nouveaufb running so I can't say.  But from past experience, I've
learned that not all framebuffer drivers do.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/