Re: all twitter client should support OAuth before they will drop Basic Auth in August

Hi,

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:21:52 +0200
Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> wrote:
>Will they also not be usable anymore with identi.ca and similar twitter
>like services? If not, there is no reason to have them dropped AFAICS.

 I haven't known about similar services are there, thanks!
 However, at least remove "twitter" word or add some descriptions that they
 cannot use twitter itself (not only in README.Debian but also in its
 descriptions).

 Because... if I were a user and install any "twitter client" and it couldn't
 connect to twitter, I'll tweet full of complains for Debian (from browsers ;-)
 I'm afraid that it would be kind of negative campaign for Debian Desktop
 environment.

> PS: I don't get why they abandon a proven standard that everyone knows.

 I guess they think it can reduce hijacking twitter account or so.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane