Re: xulrunner 1.9.2 into sid?

Le 28/06/2010 11:35, Marco d'Itri a écrit :
On Jun 28, Mike Hommey<mh@glandium.org>  wrote:

Unfortunately, as xpcom is guaranteed forward compatible but not
backwards compatible, some plugins and extensions, once built against
xulrunner 1.9.2, are likely to not work in iceape 2.0 anymore. This
would leave iceape users with a bitter aftertaste. Alternatively,
And how would this be worse than shipping a version of iceweasel which
is already obsolete? Who actually cares about iceape?
If there is no manpower to do better than this then I feel that it would
be more honest to just use volatile.

FWIW, I have been using iceweasel 3.6 since it has been uploaded and it
works *much* better than 3.5 did, which was slow and crashed a lot.

I agree : on 64bit systems Iceweasel 3.5 is way too slow, and Iceweasel 3.6 should be included in Squeeze. For Icedove 3.0, it's a beta no ? I would prefer Icedove 2.0 or Icedove 3.1 in Squeeze, but really not Icedove 3.0.

Have this packages in unstable or testing is not a huge problem, but do not release that in stable please !

Of course I'm ok to give some help to avoid that... if I can be usefull.

Olivier B.