Improve support for installing 32-bit libraries on 64-bit systems

I have a recommendation for 32-bit libraries on 64-bit systems:

Now, some libraries are available on 64-bit systems as lib32* but these are
very few. To improve this situation, I think that we can organise the library
packages as follows:

For a library with soname libfoo.so.1, we can make the following packages:
libfoo1	- /usr/lib/libfoo.so.1
lib32foo1	- /usr/lib32/libfoo.so.1
libfoo-dev	- /usr/lib32/libfoo.so /usr/lib/libfoo.so /usr/include/foo.h
	libfoo-dev depends on libfoo1 | lib32foo1 (if one of them aren't
installed, left the .so link as a dead link)
libfoo-shared	- architecture-independent files of libfoo (excluding
development files)

This should be implemented as a build template to make all library packages
use this organisation scheme. I think this should be implemented after the
release of Squeeze.