Re: A Look In the Mirror: Attacks on Package Managers

Michael Gilbert wrote:

> Of course the major flaw with this statement is that there aren't a
> whole these "proactive" users.  However, if there are enough, some will
> spot the activity, and raise concern, which will ultimately protect
> others when the evil mirror is shut down.

Ok, my concerns over this have been assuaged somewhat. However, I still
think that having the package management software more secure by default
might still be better than relying on proactive users.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/