Re: cryptdisks(-early) initscripts, dependencies and loops

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 03:08:45PM +0200, Marcus Better wrote:
> C. Gatzemeier wrote:
> > The defined order in /etc/init/cryptdisks-udev.conf is simply "start on
> > block-device-added ID_FS_USAGE=crypto".

> Good, how does the next step work? For example, after cryptsetup ran, we
> found an LVM volume and must now run lvm.

That's the easy part: a udev rule that calls vgscan
(/lib/udev/rules.d/85-lvm2.rules, on Ubuntu).

The hard part is getting cryptsetup itself to work in an event-driven
manner.  Ubuntu 10.04 has this mostly right, but there are still unsolved
bugs.