Waiting for SCons 2.0: rebuild test

SCons developers are close to release new major release of SCons, which
started to deprecate some obsolete function and dropped support for
Python code older than 2.4. Full release notes can be found here:

SCons unittest is very well designed, and there should not be any major
breakages, but risk of backward incompatible changes could affect some
Debian packages which does not see updates from upstreams so often.

So, I rebuilt reverse dependencies of SCons to spot some problems, and I
published my results online. Here is a brief summary:

* 58 packages build-depending on SCons
* 53 packages built successfully (2 of them needed sourceful changes,
  such as build-dependency mangling or so, but not related to SCons).
* 4 packages FTBFS:
* 1 package has temporary dependency screwup

This is a dd-list of FTBFSing packages:
Tim Abbott <tabbott@mit.edu>

Michael Ablassmeier <abi@debian.org>

William J Beksi <wjbeksi@users.sourceforge.net>
   skim (U)

Zhengpeng Hou <zhengpeng-hou@ubuntu.com>
   skim (U)

Steffen Joeris <steffen.joeris@skolelinux.de>

skim maintainers <jaldhar-skim@debian.org>

Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>
   skim (U)

Build logs and other details can be found here:

I have already informed upstream of my rebuild tests, and I hopefully
will be given instructions on how to properly fix FTBFSes, which I will
report as important bugs against affected packages. SCons 2.0 release
should happen in June, if RT does not mind, I intend to upload 2.0 to
unstable shortafter.

 : :' :   Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
 `. `'