Re: finally: packages to optionally create default collaboration dirs

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 08:23:00PM +0200, C. Gatzemeier wrote:
> If collaboration among users should work nicely out of the box, we will
> finally need three small things. I am not sure in which package some of
> them should go, though.
> 1) An install? option to populate /etc/skel/ with the special permission
> directories private/(rwx------) and incoming/ (rwsrws-wt)
> 2) An option for addgroup to automatically create groupdirs for
> each created group:
> root:<group> (rwxrwsr-x) /home/group/<group>
> root:<group> (rwxrws---) /home/group/<group>/private
> root:<group> (rwsrws-wt) /home/group/<group>/incoming
> http://bugs.debian.org/248130
> 3) A groupdir (like in 2) set up for the "users" system group.
> But where/how should those things be created best?

Should not be created at all on default installs, thanks.  If you care
so much about this write a how-to and distribute it with any of the
related documentation packages.  Those things should be under control
of a local administrator.  They do not belong in Debian.