Re: mini-dinstall possibly leading to lots of 'Failed to fetch http://xyx/abd_1.2-3.deb Size mismatch'

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> writes:

> On 25 May 2010 at 06:59, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> | Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> writes:
> | > Every now and then mini-dinstall throws us a curve ball. Right now I am
> | > seeing the errors below on my testing box (which is otherwise current).
> | >
> | > What can we do to fix the index file? I have removed Packages*, Release*,
> [...]
> |
> | Maybe just avoid the problem by using reprepro.
>
> So to continue: I got two votes for reprepro and am looking into it. As with
> so many things, not that hard once one sits down and fiddles with it.
>
> One think I could not answer was:  can it do what mini-dinstalled called
>
>     archive_style = flat
>
> so that we could cook-up an in-place substitution?  The answer seems to be
> "No" and pools have advantages, esp as we are at 2300+ packages and growing.
> So maybe this is the time to have users switch their sources.list entries.
>
> --
>   Regards, Dirk

I'm afraid you can't. Given the number of packages a flat archive isn't
a good idea anyway so it is a good idea to change.

You can import your old repository into reprepro by using a
file:///path/ url and reprepro will hardlink the packages if possible
(same filesystem). That way it doesn't use up noticable space. But I'm
afraid you will have to switch to the non-flat sources.list entry
format.

MfG
        Goswin