Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

In article <eNJN8-64S-21@gated-at.bofh.it>,
Ferenc Wagner  <wferi@niif.hu> wrote:

>Sorry, I don't trust in the future of LILO myself.  If there's anything
>which only LILO can do, I recommend you start complaining on the
>Syslinux and the Grub mailing lists.  I suppose it will be heard.

Does either grub2 or syslinux allow for single-key booting?

(For example, if in lilo.conf I have the command "single-key" near the
beginning of the file, "alias=w" in the stanza for Windows, and no labels
begin with w or W, then at boot time the single key "w" will cause lilo to
start booting Windows.)

--Paul Vojta, vojta@math.berkeley.edu