Re: Upstream stopped to ship tar.gz file. What to do?

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Artur R. Czechowski <arturcz@snafu.pl> wrote:

> Upstream of imms stopped to ship tar.gz file and ships only tar.bz2.

So they deleted existing tarballs and added new tar.bz2 tarballs?

> However, there is no new upstream release at the moment. The question is:
> Shall I prepare new release of Debian package using tar.bz2 tarball?

Send upstream Ubuntu's patch, make patches for the 2 bugs, poke them
to make a new release, fix the watch file etc and then upload that.

> There was a short discussion on #debian-devel, but there was no conclusion.
> Possible answers are:
> 1. Definitely, if possible you shall keep the tarball the same as upstream
>   tarball (unless other concerns are involved, like, for example, DFSG
>   compliancy).
> 2. Absolutely not. Just stick to current tarball and switch when new upstream
>   release will be available.
> 3. This is the sole maintainer's decision.

I prefer my solution, but otherwise 3, then 2 then 1.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise