Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> writes:

> On 05/24/2010 11:29 AM, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> You may want to try extlinux, it works much like LILO in this respect.
>> It lacks a convenient configuration system, but that of grub-legacy
>> would be easy to adapt, and I actually plan to work on this.
>
> sometime ago i've added extliux-install and update-extlinux. if fits my
> setups well, however, any other/better ideas how to improve it are very
> welcome, see #573042 for more information.

Heh, yes, that's me again. :)  I got distracted, but didn't give up work
on this.  Now I'm nosing around the current Grub2 method for ideas.
Meanwhile, the unconditional destroying of extlinux.conf on update gave
me the grief again. :-/
--
Cheers,
Feri.