Re: Possible boot ordering issues with the packages in Sid

Am 23.05.2010 20:25, schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:

Every day, I run a archive wide consistency check of all the init.d
scripts in Debian.  It detect dependencies on non-existing facilities,
duplicate provides and other problems.  Here is the complete list from
today, also available from<URL: http://lintian.debian.org/~pere/>.

There are quite a few false positive here.  For example the missing
$remote_fs check look for /usr/s?bin in the script, and will report a
missing dependency also for scripts not using files in /usr/.  The
missing $syslog check look for a syslog symbol being mentioned in some
binary in the package, and do not really know if the binary is started
at boot.

Anyway, sharing this with you all, in the hope that some of you might
be motivated to review your packages init.d scripts to increase the
quality of the init.d script dependencies.  Please help me reduce the
number of init.d script dependency issues.  Most of these issues are
not reported to BTS, as it require time to verify that the reported
issue is a real problem, and I have not had time to do that for most
of these packages.

I know it would be better to order the list by maintainer, but have
not found a simple way to do that with the format I have available.

Thanks for the list, but wouldn't it be better to submit bugreports? :)

--
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org

Comment:
Always if we think we are right,