Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 01:11:48PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> William Pitcock <nenolod@dereferenced.org> (22/05/2010):
> > This means that users should *test grub2 extensively* before Squeeze
> > is released so that any issues can be resolved now.
>
> There should also be some folks fixing the discovered issues.

grub2 currently seems to be having 18 RC bugs, plus a whole bunch
of merged bugs, while lilo only has 1 RC bug.

I think the difference is that lilo will probably not work
for a lot of people while grub2 does work for a lot of people.
And I understand that Debian's lilo maintainer basicly doesn't want
to become upstream and rewrite everything when there is an
alternative.

But I agree that a call for extensive testing would be better if
number of RC bugs would be a lot lower.

Kurt